ugh. Sitting here, trying to remember what happened this week and it all seems like a blur. I know I had two showings and injured my toe but I can't seem to remember what else happened.
Nothing came of the showings. One was an older gentleman who looked at the house because we had a walk-in shower. But he didn't know it was downstairs...that probably wouldn't have worked out very well. The other showing was a single lady. She loved the house, but it was too big. She didn't want a basement. Oh well, I'm just going to keep saying my prayers. My prayers are getting quite repetitive. Please sell, please sell, please sell. :) So we are going to lower the price, but unfortunately we won't make much money off of it. I'm also praying that we can get approved for a reasonable loan so we can get a nice sized house for four wild kids.
Day before yesterday, before one of the showings, I was outside cleaning up the yard and making it look tidy and I was moving a pretty heavy rock. I was in a hurry (mistake #1) and I wasn't wearing any shoes (mistake #2). I didn't lift the rock high enough and the rock skimmed right over my big toe, ripping off my toenail. Holy smokes, I can't believe I did that! So my wonderful brother Jim, who works for South East Iowa Ambulance came over after he got off work and fixed me up. The next day it was starting to heal and still a little painful. But then this morning, I was feeding Lizzy and I wasn't paying attention to Eli who was backing up away from the t.v. and he stepped with his heel right on my big toe....I think the only other time I have screamed that loud was during childbirth. Oh my.
I just looked at my calendar and I just remembered my sweet little Caleb had his Preschool Recognition program at Pierce Elementary. It was so good! He has come so far. When he was three we started to get a little worried about his speech development. So we had him evaluated and they determined that he had a 'severe' speech delay. They said the average word count for a three year old was about 250-300 words. Caleb had, maybe, 30. So he went into preschool early to work with a speech pathologist and work on social skills (more like conversation and verbal interaction.) So last year at the preschool recognition, Caleb wanted nothing to do with it. He would sit in the back and face the wall. But this year was a total turn around. Front and center, singing all the words!! It was amazing! I love that kid.
This is Caleb and his preschool teacher, Mrs. Seim.
Once I figure out how to upload video, I'll post his singing talents!
Well, I have one week down and two to go before Josh get home. I hope they go faster than this one!

Sorry about your toe. That sounds extremely painful. Hope you get some more showings soon.
ReplyDelete