Monday, June 21, 2010

Culver's and Mushrooms...

I love Culvers and I hate mushrooms. But today, the roles were somewhat switched. I was feeling lazy and we needed to get out of the house so I decided to take the kids to Culvers for lunch (drive through, of course!) (i'm not that crazy!). So, I ordered a chicken sandwich and kids meals and headed home. I got the kids situated with their lunches and then I sat down to eat mine. I took it out of the bag and I was like, man, this is a rather small sandwich. So I opened it up, did a double take, and I said out loud, "What the?" They forgot the top half of the bun. I was a little ticked at first, but luckily Caleb didn't eat the butt of the loaf of bread so I just used that. I thought it was funny and took a picture. It was just as tasty!

Now, mushrooms. I can't stand the taste or the smell and they don't look that appealing either. Blech! But I saw this mushroom growing by our tree stump and thought, that is one pretty mushroom. You can't tell from this picture, but it was like a lily with a long stem...(i can just hear the crickets...not that interesting, i know).

So that was my semi-uneventful day. Although my brother Jim mowed for me today. It looks fabulous! Thanks Jimmy!

4 comments:

  1. I too hate muchrooms, but just this week I had some "Gourmet" vegetarian pizza with mushrooms all over it and I loved it! So I guess masked by all the other flavors mushrooms are not so bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my biggest pet peeves is when I go thru a drive thru and they forget something, and you don't realize til you get home and get everyone unloaded! And then you really don't want to pack everyone back up and take them back. So annoying! I'm glad you found a solution for your sandwich. :) I don't eat mushrooms plain, but I don't mind them in recipes. That is a pretty mushroom though. :)

    ReplyDelete